I had always secretly giggled in my head at other mothers who said they cried when their baby got shots. I always said I would never be one of those moms who couldn't keep it together. It's just a couple shots, over and done in a few short minutes. Open brain, insert foot.
Ugh. It was awful. Steven has cried at the house, yes, but this was no ordinary cry. This was the kind of cry where he forgets to breathe. The kind of cry that brings actual tears. TEARS. My baby boy had real tears for the first time. INSTANT tears. And when I saw the size of the needles I almost cried before they were given. Those suckers are HUGE!! I had a few shots in the hospital and the needles they poked me with were no where near the size of the ones they poked him with. I don't even think my IV needle was that big. :(
So, needless to say, I cried. And cried. I cried longer than he did. The really sweet nurse even started to get teary. She told me she had a 2 month old at home, so this wasn't easy for her either. That made me feel a little better, but we still had to rock and sway for a few minutes so I could pull myself together long enough to walk through the waiting room with a little dignity. He was already asleep when we walked out to the car. I'm such a wuss. I called Matt on the way home and said all sniffley that there's no way I'm going alone again. His 4 month appointment he will be going and he will be in the room with Squeaker when the needles show up. I'll be getting the car.
Here's a few 8 week pictures:
And this was the tailend of a smile. See? I told you it was hard!
No comments:
Post a Comment