Steven did so well on the trip! I have to admit, I was aprehensive about taking a 7 month old on a 10 hour trip, then another 4 hours on top of that to Nebraska. Steven usually does really well in the car when we run errands; he falls asleep most of the time...
We had a lovely visit with relatives. We got to see everyone- Aunt Yvonne, Uncle Randall, Kelsey and Jared and Joy and Larry Becker in Nebraska. Steven also made a new best friend- Sadie the beagle pup. Sadie was not quite sure about Steven at first- Aunt Yvonne was really worried, but before long they were having so much fun together! Sadie would actually bring Steven a toy and drop it in his lap for him to throw for her! He didn't, but she still loved him! She gave him so many kisses! It was really sweet.
Here's a picture of Steven with Aunt Yvonne (Sorry for cutting off your face!)
And here he is playing with Uncle Randall. They were pals!
If you know me at all, I've probably told you how terrified I am of tornadoes. I usually have a nightmare about them a few times a month. Late Spring in Tornado Ally was probably not my smartest vacation spot. We were actually in Burlington, KS when a terrible storm came through. The house we were at didn't have power for several hours, wind, tons of wind, rain and hail. We didn't see any tornado warnings before the power went out, but this storm then headed on to Fort Scott and the tornado sirens in town went off twice that afternoon! We had several other pretty fierce storms roll through and as scared as I was, I couldn't help but take some pretty cool photos of the wicked clouds!
Oh and Steven learned to climb steps. FUN.
No comments:
Post a Comment