Thursday, May 28, 2009

he sits and lunges!

A lot has happened in the last few weeks! Steven has perfected sitting (for the most part) and he is now pulling up onto all fours and lunging! Yes, I think we are going to have a crawler on our hands very soon. And no, the house is not yet baby proofed. I see a trip to Babies R Us in the not so distant future.

Food update- Steven is doing pretty well with solid foods. Only problem is he really doesn't like taking them from me (or Matt really). For some reason he would rather eat from pretty much anyone else but us. I'm told this is a phase, but I would love for it to end soon. I can get him to open his mouth for about the first five bites, but after that I'm practically forcing it in his mouth. He likes it, I can tell, he just doesn't want to work for it. He does have good days here and there. Like yesterday- he ate a ton! But today, only a few bites. Oh well. He does have certain foods he likes and dislikes- we all know how the apples incident turned out, and he doesn't like green beans either (well, at least the ones I made him). He LOVES peaches, pears, sweet potatoes, he likes carrots and bananas okay and the first time I gave him peas he didn't seem to mind them. I think next week we are going to try avacado.

These next few pictures are from a baby play date I went to with Steven at a friends house. Steven just started cracking up laughing at another little boy who was there. It was hilarious and I'm so glad I caught it on camera!




This is a picture showing him on all fours.


And this picture is completely out of focus, but I think he looks so cute! Like a mini football coach. :)


And here he is, sitting up all by himself like a big boy!


No comments: